1870

Company formed in its present location by John Mason and rapidly grew due to its reputation of producing high quality work for the Birmingham shopkeeper.


1889

Arthur Edmonds joined the company as an apprentice.


1904

The business began to trade as John Mason, Wallis & Co. and Arthur Edmonds was appointed General Manager. The key areas of work of the company at this time were museum and show cases, shop front design and fabrication and interior fittings for banks and shops.


1908

Company began trading as A.Edmonds & Co. Ltd.

During the Great War, the company used its’ skills to fabricate Lewis gun chests and cartridge cases, and later also began to supply mahogany aircraft propellers to Daimler.


1940

60% of the company destroyed by bomb damage, the repair of which was largely tackled by the direct workforce.


1959

A.Edmonds & Co. were key in the inauguration of the International Shopfitting Organisation at Wiesbaden, Germany


1995

The Company celebrated it’s 125 year anniversary and marked this occasion by assisting St. Basil’s Centre to set up interim accommodation for homeless people in Birmingham.


1998

Completion of Walsall Art Gallery Contract.


2003

A. Edmonds awarded the internal joinery elements of Cardiff Millennium Centre – a prestigious contract which underlines the quality of our workmanship.


2005

Further improvements made to works processes including the purchase of a multipoint sanding machine & improved heated extraction to improve the finishing quality.


2010

Wood fired clean air boiler installed to minimise waste to landfill and to reduce reliance on natural gas by incinerating waste wood products. 5 axis CNC machine procured to increase capability of machining department.


2014

Metalshop extended to provide large ground floor assembly area, 10te travelling gantry crane and new brake press and guillotine machinery.